In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Oriental Medicine
Studies have proven that Oriental medicine has clinically improved the success rate of IVF by 40-60%. The following reasons all contribute to an increased success rate.
- Reduces stress and enhances relaxation.
- Beter regulates hormones.
- Improves blood flow to the ovaries, improving ovarian response and function for more follicles, better egg production and quality.
- Increases blood flow to the uterus and increases the thickness of the uterine lining.
- Lessens side effects from hormonal treatment.
- Decreases uterine contractility at implantation.
- Decreases the chance of miscarriage.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Improves sperm count, motility nad morphology.
Rhonda specializes in fertility and IVF support. She has worked and works with couples undergoing fertility treatments at clinics throughout New Jersey and other states as well. Many of her patients have used the following clinics:
- Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) of New Jersey
- IVF New Jersey
- The Center for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and Fertility
- The Center for Advanced Reproductive Endocrinology
She has helped many women who have tried IVF several times unsuccessfully by incorporating acupuncture with their IVF treatment. The majority of them become pregnant and attribute it to the acupuncture. They say that their experience was much different and easier while incorporating the acupuncture. Acupuncture patients experience less side effects from the Western medications and feel more at ease throughout the process.
Treatment frequency and duration varies depending on your condition and other treatments you are receiving. Acupuncture is usually recommended once and sometimes twice per week. Treatments are timed prior to any procedure (IUI, oocyte retreival, and embryo transfer) and around ovulation and embryo implantation.